Saturday, March 7, 2009

Catch up!

Here is what's been going on.

Here's a shot of our living room fireplace/bookshelves. Mandy has some great before shots that I'll post as soon as I can get ahold of them. The flowered trays on the top shelf were a thrifting with Colin find.

I used the directions I found ages ago on Crazy Mom Quilts and made a sweet checkbook case, to encourage myself to keep track of my finances. Yes, the inside is bright orange. I love it too. Clearly sewing is not my calling (the seams on the edges, yikes), but it's still fun.

Again thrifting with Colin and found this awesome 70's lamp. It was $2! I am in love with how giant the top is. Also, I already accidentally yanked the cord and flung it down from a shelf onto my desk, and it lived! Hooray for old things that are made well. In the background you can see the top of a chair from my table set. It was a Christmas present from my parents and I love it. It needs some serious work to fix it up. But it's giant, so that's a summertime project.

No comments: